October 07, 2010

Smashbox Skin Tint in Smashing Heat

 It's been raining pretty hard here in Indonesia lately.I'm a kinda"sunny"type of girl.  I love sun=bright=cheerfull. Rain is fine as long as there's no flood.But still,I prefer a sunny day to a cloudy day one..

To lighten up the day of this cloudy day,so let's talk about this smashbox skin tint in smashing heat that I bought :) .Yep,it is a skin tint which you can use it on your cheeks or your lips.There're 7 colors available or 8 colors(I forget). But 1 thing for sure,one of them is in smashbox tokidoki series.What I bought wasn't the tokidoki one.It's the regular one,in smashing heat. Other colors that are available are: lit,ultraviolet,infrared,click,tint,and bella. Here you can see the complete colors of it(I took it from a web,forget the source so can't give the credit.Sorry):

I was looking for a quite natural pink color as I want to have a quite natural pink lip tint color.SO I chose heat one. What I got was this one:

a bright color,eh??Not really when you've applied it..


The color was between bella and infrared on the previous picture.It has a slight citrus smell alike.Lovely packaging too.In fact,I love smashbox packaging(modern and simple),but still elegant.Anyway,this is what smashbox said on the web:
SKIN TINT glides over cheeks and lips for a flush of natural-looking color, making you look lit from within. Sheer enough to risk mirror-less application, the antioxidant-packed formula contains vitamins A, C, E, aloe, and echinacea to nourish skin. 
ingredients:
Tricaprylin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Talc, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extract. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 33 Lake

"Apply to cheeks for a radiant flush of color. Start at the apples and blend upward and out towards ears, using fingers. For a softer, luminous glow, follow with a sweep of SOFT LIGHTS over cheeks"


smashing heat-sheer coral pink...
Don't be fooled by this color swatch.It came in a very light sheer color one..
It gave me a VERY VERY slight hint of colour.  For lips application,sadly..it doesn't stay there for long time. Only 1-2 hrs maybe(note:as long as you don't eat anything during the time).  If you start eating something,the color will be dissapeared sooner than that range of time.  For cheeks application,this one is better.  It will stay for 3-4 hrs,even more.  Oh,btw my face is dry skin type,so for oily type..maybe you have to re-apply it often.
The color is pretty,just a sheer color like a skin flush color.Unlike creamy or powdery blush on that color our skin by cover it.This one is tinted it.And gives us a glossy finish with a 'lil  bit of sparkling glitter (but the glitter  are just a'lil).
Overall I like this product,maybe i should choose the bolder color one for my lips.So I give this product 5 points. A good product :)

4 comments:

  1. niiiice review! I'd love to see the swatch on your lips =D It'd be so pretty I think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hye rin :)
    Ah yea..I owe you one swatch from the covergirl lippie too!:P Sure i'll give the swatch later,but maybe not on lips since taking it will be a bit tricky.I'm not that good in camera thingie,so I think a hand swatch is easier for me since i just need to hold a camera on my right hand,and..click!:)
    Soon will be doing it..Thank you for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very good review. Where did you buy your skin tint? I bought mine on ebay and I'm hella scared that it might be a knockoff. :( but we have the same label at the bottom of the tube except mine says "heat" instead of "smashing heat".

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous:
    I bought it on an online store here,guess they bought it from USA. Oh,yours says"heat"instead of"smashing heat"? Hmm,is it from tokidoki series?I have no idea about the differences.Because my smashbox tinted treatment lipstick also says"smashing shine"instead of shine. Sometimes they change products every couple of months,some old products gone,some still.I have no idea about name differences though..

    Thanx for visiting:) sry for my late reply..

    ReplyDelete

Spamming isn't a lovely thing!I won't approve any spam and advertisement comment here.Please,don't try your luck by spamming on my blog.Thank you..