December 23, 2010

Smashbox Tinted Treatment Lipstick in Shine

I bought this mainly because of its pretty donut shape,and it had label"tinted". I love lip tint,more than lipstick.So anything that has "tint"label will attracts me.  Plus,look at the pretty white casing that smashbox gives!It looked simple,modern,and chic.Love it!  I always love smashbox packaging,and this one is no exception:)..


So,No doubt about the packaging.This is what I got from smashbox official web:
"This vitamin and antioxidant-packed sheer lip color has it all - a treatment core with SPF 15 to protect, vitamins A, C & E to revitalize, shea butter, jojoba and avocado oils to nourish, and chamomile and aloe to soothe. Honey provides extra moisturization and a deliciously sweet flavor and scent. TINTED TREATMENT LIPSTICK is sheer and fool-proof enough to apply anywhere - no mirror required! "
The ingredients are:
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.5% Padimate O (Ethylhexyl Dimethyl Paba), 4% Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3). INGREDIENTS: Castor Seed Oil, Polybutene, Candelilla Wax, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Ozokerite, Beeswax, Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Honey, Saccharin, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance. May Contain: Ttitanium Dioxide (CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).


So,how about the color? Ok,you bet!It's sheer pink,AND some moisturizing treatments on the core of it(the white one). So,let's do the math:
Sheer pink+ moisturizing cream in white color = sheer pink and moisturizing lip color.
That's the math should be. BUT,hell...I absolutely didn't understand WHY the result was A PALE almost white SHIMMER?? Oh yes,there's a slight hint of pink to make it a more complicated color FYI. So the color was "A PALE almost white,still a bit pink SHIMMER".Where's the tinted one? It even shimmery and not tinted at all!!.

This was such a dissapointment for me,especially since I'm the world's biggest hatter of shimmer lipstick!
Last time I bought online NYX round lipstick in watermelon,it came in shimmer color,and just need to swatch
it on my hands(not even applied it),then I sold it on my garage sale:D.Oh,there's one shimmer lipstick that I still keep which is Burt's Bees lipshimmer.I wear it mostly at home,or when I'm not in the mood for make up.

Since I don't like the color,I'll give this product 3 points.Pretty packaging,but just not my fave color.

10 comments:

  1. oh my, it's indeed too much shimmering. I don't really like shimmery lippies too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep,don't understand how the pink color could turn to a shimmery one?:s..
    Shimmer lipstick just looks weird on my face..

    Thanx for visiting hye rin!^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shine shows as a bright pink in the tube but it actually turns out as a nice sheer light pink on my fairly pigmented lips. I personally was never a fan of baby or light pinks but this seems to be something my lips could work with and actually look nice in. It has an SPF of 10 or 15 so it's perfect for the summer when you want to have something at hand that will provide both SPF and pigmentation to your lips. What I love even more about this product is that you can apply this without a mirror , which is helpful if your like me who hesitates to pull out a mirror to touch up in public.I also found that it can almost be used as a primer for your lipsticks. Whenever I apply this underneath a layer of lipstick, the lipstick color seems to stay on for longer. I really do appreciate this product. The only thing is that this wouldn't be a good choice to use if your lips are already chapped as this isn't really moisturizing and would just enhance any dryness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does what it's meant to; it conditions your lips, and adds a pretty pink stain. It smells like honey, can be addictive as you apply it (as you want that freshly applied feeling again and again). Wearing it too much can cause overdrying (as your lips adapt to the moisture, and absorb it quicker), and your lips to shrivel. Used well, you get plump, well moisturized lips.
    Besides the fact that I love this very much, I was shattered - completely - by the packaging. Beautiful out of the box, a smooth satin finish to the tube, but after one stint in my handbag the satin finish started to peel off. All I've got now is a cheap white plastic tube. At least the contents are still undamaged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @emma:
    It didn't dry my lips,but the color was shimmery and not sheer.I bought this because i thought it'd work like anyother lip tint since it's labelled"tinted".I wished it would work like my prev.smashbox skin tint which tinted,so yea..far from my expectation.

    Thanx for visiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @shea butter:
    I agree it smells like honey and the satin finish of the tube peel off easily.Still,this one didn't work as a lip stain/lip tint.It worked more like a lipstick(covering,and not tinted).If you look for a true lip tint,smashbox skin tint is much way better than this one..

    Thanx for commenting ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have this lipstick;) but for me its a little bit too dark;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi shopaholic dream:)
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes,this lipstick is complicated to define,I guess.I know that colors will depend on person who wears it,but for this lipstick I think we can agree on 1 thing,it's covered and not tinted :)..

    Thanx for visiting anyway^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi, where did you buy smashbox? lagi naksir blush on nya nih..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Galleryibu:
    Kaskus.It looked crowded there,but really sometimes you can find hidden gems there.From NYX to arabian magic cream(..you got it right!it's not Egyptian Magic Cream,they even have the arab version there!).Kuncinya,yah mesti rajin ngubek2 isi kaskus,hehehe.If you and your seller are"close",you can even request stuffs that you want to(though it's not on the list).Disitu mang banyak cowoknya sih(yg forum2 umum),ke FJBnya aja,yg bag.jual beli.Ada yg bikin PO2 juga kok.Rata2 yg jual di kaskus pasti jual di MP juga.Cuman,ga semua yg di MP jualan di kaskus..

    ReplyDelete

Spamming isn't a lovely thing!I won't approve any spam and advertisement comment here.Please,don't try your luck by spamming on my blog.Thank you..