February 11, 2011

elf Brightening Eye Color in Luxe

I bought this elf eyeshadow couple of months ago along with my elf luscious liquid lipstick(I'll review it later).I was interested to try this elf line since it's soo damn cheap(1-2 USD).Of course I didn't pay it 1-2 USD since I have to pay the shipping cost.Let's say it 3-4 USD here.I never mentioned prices for products.I've reviewed before since the prices were vary in each country.Like the price here,or in korea,or in US would be different,so I better keep the price unlisted here :)..

But really elf is the cheapest cosmetic brand I've ever tried!They come in good packaging too which attract cosmetic packaging lover like me :).Sometimes I base my buying decision on cosmetic packaging,and not on the purpose of the cosmetic I bought. But for this elf that I bought,I bought it mainly because of my curiousity(how is 1 buck cosmetic will look like?),and at that time I've just"cleaned"up my make up bag to remove,literally,some old cosmetics that I have.I'm not a make up addict,and absolutely not a fan of eyeshadow.So of course some eyeshadows that I have,can last for 2 years,even more.I rarely wear eyeshadow,and I believe about more than 50 % of Indonesian women rarely wear it on daily basis(go here and check it for sure :P).Even if the women work in the office,some wear it but not majority in number.Of course I'm not saying this based on a legal research by government or stuffs like that,I said this based on my view being surrounded with indonesian women.Stuff that Indonesian women will wear mostly is:lip colour.As for me,my fave make up will be:face powder,foundation/bb cream,concealer,blush on,lip color,brow definer,and clear mascara.I thought it's only us who don't do daily eyeshadow-ing,but there's one beauty blogger from east asia(china,hong kong,taiwan,etc..I forgot)who said that she didn't like daily eyeshadow-ing,so..hey..we're in the same club,pal!:)

it's shimmery
Ok,so here my elf brightening eye color goes:it came in 5.5cmx4.5cm packaging.Very tiny.So it's handy to cary. There's a'lil mirror on the place where you put the aplicator.This eyeshadow is shimmery in result.I prefer shimmery to mate one for eyeshadow since shimmery eyeshadow could brighten eyes.It's quite pigmented,though i can's say"prima"for it.The eyeshadow casing,well..dunno why it can't be locked so if you put it on your pouch,dunno what will happen with the content(i haven't tried to put it on my pouch).
The ingredients are:
talc, mica,  zinc stearate, kaolin, paraffinum liquidum(mineral oil), petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl 
Polyacyladipate-2, methylparaben ,propylparaben ,Iron oxides(CI 77491, CI 77492,CI77499), Manganese violet(CI 77742), mica(CI 77019), titanium dioxide((CI 77891),yellow no.5 lake(CI 19140), red no.40 lake(CI 16035), ultramarine violet(CI 77077), blue no.1 lake(CI 42090).

This is made in China.I know that some people are affraid of chinese cosmetics since some chinese cosmetics contain dangerous ingredients such as:mercury,hydroquinone,textile colors,etc.I won't go for those kinda cosmetics either,but some people did make wrong conceptions about chinese cosmetics in my opinion.We all know that China(mainland)is a source for world's industries.Some major,well known-famous brands do"order"their products in china under their own brands.I believe that though they order their products in china,the products will be under their quality control.No company want to have bad image that will end in loosing theirmarket,right?.So I don't mind if the cosmetics were made in china as long as it's safe.As you can read it on the ingredients.

see that mould?
There's nothing wrong with ingredients above,IF you don't mind getting parabens,talc and mineral oil on your product.I do mind,since I decided togo greener on my cosmetics,so this eyeshadow isn't an option for me now.In fact,they already use parabens as preservative,so I don't understand how could this eyeshadow got mould in just few months after I received it?weird..
All in all,I'm not happy with the ingredients,the unlocked casing,and the mould.So i'll give this eyeshadow 2 points.But for 1 USD eyeshadow,the quality is above the price.Oh,this is such the hardest thing to decide.Well,for 1 USD eyeshadow,the quality is above the price.But it's just not my fave.That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spamming isn't a lovely thing!I won't approve any spam and advertisement comment here.Please,don't try your luck by spamming on my blog.Thank you..